November 12, 2010

Michael Wolf


Since I last posted, I have been working on a number of different exciting projects that have introduced me to an array of amazing suppliers and designers here in London and abroad.

Majority of my time has been spent sourcing artwork which I have always found a challenge as it's so subjective! One artist that I have completely fallen in love with though is Michael Wolf.

This very talented German photographer grew up in America and has spent the last 10 years or so working as a photographer and author in China.

What I love most about his photography is that it's both intimate and removed - one photo in the series will show the exterior of a massive city building with the next capturing the raw emotion of a commuter in a packed subway.


Each shot is raw - taking the responder inside an improvised senario that highlights the 'complex cultural identities' of the location. They truly make you think and you can't help but get lost in all the small details that have been cropped and presented to you.


For more of Michael's work visit www.photomichaelwolf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment