April 9, 2010

Retrospect

















If you ever find yourself in Byron, Retrospect Galleries is a must!  It's an intimate space that bursts with an impressive collection of art as well as gifts and homewares.  The gallery mainly showcases up and coming Australian artists and designers and has an impressive line up of upcoming exhibitions in 2010.
















I have always been a huge fan of pop and urban art so it is no surprise that I wanted to purchase every piece in the store! What draws me to any piece is the use of colour, the content and experimentation with different mediums.




During the time I was there, the Resonance Exhibition was on - showcasing works from previous years of live Bluesfest drawings as well as new ones.  The vigorous line work and fluidity in the forms bought the content to life - like music to my ears!

















The artists I just fell in love with included the Turner sisters, Bennett, Cornelia Burless, Henry Reeve and Rone. Each of these artists will definately be spotlighted in blogs to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment