July 17, 2010

Natural Appeal

On a crisp winters day like this, there is nothing better than snuggling up in your trackies on the lounge and catching up on a pile of reading you've neglected.

As I sit here and sift though my somewhat enormous pile of clippings, I notice that I have accumulated a lot of interesting wooden elements that have simply warmed my heart. I have always been a lover of all things timber - each grain so unique, illuminating its beauty whether it be rough or smooth. I love that it can be curved, hammered, detailed and stained. I love that it can be used in every application and suit all tastes and styles.
The lamps pictured above are from Ke-Zu. I have never really been a huge fan of table lamps but I love that these present a sculptural element as well as a practical one.

I then thought that this chair, also from Ke-Zu, would sit perfectly in a room with one of the lamps above. They share the same fluidity and natural qualities, as do the cluster of tables below...






















Of course after picking out these favourites from the pile, I couldn't resist selecting some soft finishes to compliment the look. The first brand that came to mind was Cloth Fabrics. Their product line is simplistic beauty - with a natural pallet that displays subtle bursts of colour and textiles filled with organic shapes and movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment