September 6, 2010

Sweet Little Morsels

For the last 6 months, my sister has been living and studying in Bologna. Such a stark contrast from what I saw in Naples, this city has more of a youthful vibe with a traditional ambiance that you can't help but fall in love with.

My first day was spent wandering the streets - with my nose as my guide. The amazing mix of smells made me melt at the knees. You are truly spoilt for choice with delicatessens, patisseries and cafes covering this small city centre.

I was introduced to a little gem called Caffe Terzi. It's a gorgeous place just off the main drag that serves the most amazing macchiato. Just before they serve it, the coffee is sprinkled with handmade chocolate right in front of you! They definately make it hard to stop at just one.

If it is something sweet you are after, you can't look past Gamberini. This cafe was established in 1907 - so they have definately perfected their craft in the last 103 years.

They make a nice coffee too but their pastries are simply melt in your mouth delightful! I definately recommend the choc chip cannolli and their tiny fruit flans.

If you really want to splurge though, check out these amazing cakes. The detail that goes into each one is incredibe - I really don't know if I could cut one of these up...actually no...take that back...


No comments:

Post a Comment