January 27, 2011

Maison and Objet 2011

I am so sad that I wasn't able to make it to Maison and Objet over the weekend! I visited the last one in September which was such an amazing experience for me that I would have loved to go again.

Influences from 2010 are being carried through to now - focusing on the boundaries of public and private life. A concept that has become blurred over the years as we all seem to be working even harder and losing sight of simplistic environments as trends continue to fly by us.


To have a private sanctuary has become essential in interior design. We all want a place to escape after a hard day at work which means that after many years of minimalist design, people are starting to crave comfort again.

The Baxter chair below is definately a piece of furniture I would love to come home to - so furry chic!


...and i think that this basin from Italian company Devon and Devon looks fantastic! Although the structure is traditional, the finish makes it extremely contemporary. It is the curvature in this unit that brings a softness and warmth to the bathroom that is a little unexpected but works so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment